Saturday, October 22, 2016

My Virtual Walk: Day 1-Yosemite: Lower Falls Trail



My Virtual Walk:

 Day 1-Yosemite: Lower Falls Trail




                

What it was like at in Yosemite



The Lower Falls Trail is a 1-mile loop with an Elevation gain of approximately 50 ft.  making it easy to attempt. There are a few lookout positions to get a great view of the falls and the creek. It is also handicapped accessible. View Yosemite webcams.
Yosemite Falls | Yosemite Conservancy
 


Weather Conditions in Yosemite

It was clear and 74° F and will be much cooler in the evening. The park’s site has a link to view the latest weather conditions

Wildlife


Look out for bears. They are so active at this point that some of the park areas are closed. Hantavirus pulmonary disease is spread by local rodents. So, stay clear of them also.


What my walk was like in Walterboro, SC

I walked for my 30 minutes at the 2 mph pace (according to the chart from Sparkpeople) on the walking trail at Palmetto Rural Telephone Company at 2471 N. Jefferies Blvd. This trail is flat terrain and very shady with a well-defined path. It is .5 miles, so I meandered around taking different turns at the forks. I took the dog with me since I have usually found this trail empty.



If you zoom in until you can see cars in the PRTC parking lot, you can see the beginning of the trail. The rest, covered by the trees, loops around the whole block.

Weather Conditions in Walterboro, SC

It was a very partly cloudy afternoon. The temperature was about 75 ° with breezes up to 14 mph, but those breezes weren’t enough to keep the mosquitoes away.

Wildlife

I didn’t see any wildlife except those swarming mosquitoes. My dog, Clark Kent, A.K.A. Superdog, looks pretty wild sometimes with the Mohawk he’s sporting.






No comments:

Post a Comment